Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2012

Another thing I didn't know about London, something that exceeds my wildest dreams, is the fact, that pre-Christmas time is sample sale time. As the end of the season is looming, at least when it comes to buying, sending samples to the various retailers, there is no holding back in throwing the fresh in-season clothes and accessories out on the market for "normal" people. Like me. And working for a retailer, I'm one of the first people to know.
So I couldn't really keep my promise to spend my november salary on as much as I could afford in COS (and I really don't mind, sorry COS). Neither could I keep the promise to save all my money for the French Connection sample sale I heard of some days ago.
As in between and all of a sudden I had an email in my inbox from one of our suppliers, who we buy jewellery of, that there was a jewellery sample sale going on, and within walking distance from the office, and on payday. I grabbed two girls and went literally crazy, spending 125 GBP during lunch break.
This is what I got:
The Beetle Pendant by Ted Baker (for 20 GBP, RRP 69 GBP), which I bought twice, one for me, one as a gift.

The Plooma Ring by Ted Baker (for 10 GBP, RRP 39)

The bas-relief Orb necklace by Vivienne Westwood (25 GBP, RRP 80 GBP)


and the key purchase that I am particularly proud of
the Himalayan Mask bracelet by Vivienne Westwood (45 GBP, RRP 145 GBP)



Vivienne Westwood bracelet
I also got some not very exciting, yet in a minimalistic and sophisticated way, beautiful earrings.

I'm fainting trying to calculate just HOW much money I saved on that day. In a double meaning, because I could have spend a lot more. Jewellery is my new thing I think.

Today then there was another sample sale for Minkpink and Evil Twin. Luckily they only had sample sizes (mostly S) but a lot of clothes there are actually oversize so I ended up with several blouses. But more later, I want to watch the new tv show with Andrew Scott (love that tongue), that's starting on ITV1 today. It's called "The Town".

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen