Also, how ok is it to spend each saturday in your bed and read being in the greatest city on this planet? borderline. firstly, it's autumn, so it's ok. secondly, fun fun fun wasn't exactly why I came here in the first place, so I knew it was going to be like that and reading in my room was something I expected to happen. I didn't read for fun in years. But then I didn't come for fun. Whatever. Thirdly, I have a sore throat, it should be ok to stay indoors and live of ginger snaps, which I don't have. So I could just go to Tesco, get some and come back and read. That would be ok, wouldn't it?
"I would pretend - especially to myself - that I didn't mind the slightest. I would study hard, put my emotions on hold, not take anyone home from the pub, masturbate as and when required, and make sure I got the degree I deserved. I did all that (and yes, I got a 2:1)." (Julian Barnes, The Sense of an Ending)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen