
I'm just back from watching the King's Speech and I really like that movie. And whether you like Colin Firth's overpronounced gentlemanness or not, he is a truely great actor. So, this is why he got that Oscar...
A short reminder: King's Speech was nominated for a whole bunch of Oscars , just like Black Swan. Indeed, I see a lot of similarities in the two movies. Not as much as story telling and aesthetics are involved, but in the two main characters - as I interpret them. One way of understanding Black Swan was the growing up of a girl to be a woman, to stand for herself, to create a personality of herself and leave all the expectations that are put on her (by family and herself) behind. King's Speech was - following that line of understanding - the men's version of it.
Here too, the main character had to learn to express himself. Become a man. Or let's just put it gender neutral a grown-up person. Just he's a bit more successful than the ballerina due to the fact that in the end, he's alive...
Oh well, this is just what I took from those two cinematic events: Embrace the imperfection.
spoiler alert!
AntwortenLöschen